The award recognizes individuals who have been actively engaged and participatory in MACVB membership and its on-going efforts to increase tourism throughout the state, as well as those who have willingly mentored others to share their knowledge and expertise with the MACVB membership.
The award is named for Roger Toussaint, former Executive Director of the Saint Paul Convention and Visitors Bureau, Executive Secretary of the Midwest Society of Association Executives and Executive Vice President and General Manager of the Greater Minneapolis Convention and Visitors Association, now known as Meet Minneapolis.
Throughout his career, Roger Toussaint was quick with a handshake, a friendly smile and well-reasoned advice. Actively involved in the tourism industry at the local and state levels, he served as a mentor to tourism industry newcomers and MACVB members alike by sharing his enthusiasm for the tourism industry, along with his vast industry knowledge and expertise.
Recipients of the MACVB Roger Toussaint Award join a very small club, indeed, and truly represent the “best of the best” of Minnesota’s $14 billion a year travel and tourism industry.
MACVB Roger Touissaint Award Recipients:
- Linda Jurek, Visit Cook County, 2022
- Anna Tanski, Visit Duluth, 2021
- No award in 2020
- Pat Mutter, Visit Winona, 2019
- Carrie Ford, Visit Roseville, 2018
- Steve Markuson, Twin Cities Gateway, 2017
- Melvin Tennant, Meet Minneapolis, 2016
- Mick Myers (retired), Pipestone Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2015
- Bonnie Carlson, Bloomington Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2014
- Terry Mattson, Visit Duluth, 2013
- Kathy Johnson (past MACVB administrator), MACVB, 2012
- Cole Carley (retired), Fargo, 2011
- Gayle Quistgard (retired), Visit Bemidji, 2009
- Greg Ortale, Meet Minneapolis, 2008
- Shawn Corwin, Bloomington Convention & Visitors Bureau, 2007
- Roger Toussaint, 2006